Tuesday 9 May 2017

My Portfolio Grew 85% with 3 simple reasons for my Investment

I had participated in a stock pick investment challenge for 2017.

As of to date, 9th May 2017, my portfolio value is approximately 85% higher than what I had started.


Out of 5 selection, you can noticed that Dataprep is the biggest gainer in my portfolio as of to date, and also the only stock selection that had lifted my whole portfolio value.

I had selected to invest in Dataprep back then after I saw and read an article from The Star entitled "The Secret of China's Genting Olympic Resort" back then on November 2016.

One thing that had intrigued me into investing into Dataprep is due to 3 reasons

Reason 1:
Dataprep is owned by Dato Lim Chee Wah through VXL Holdings Sdn Bhd. VXL Group is owned by Dato Lim Chee Wah, and is a major investor in Secret Garden. Below is the excerpt that I had taken from the interview from The Star.



Reason 2:
At that point of time, Dataprep is trading almost at it's all time low, and I believe that the risk is capped. Although Dataprep had risen significantly, I still believe that there are much room to rise in the future as market capitalization is still a shy of around RM 220 million. Compared to the potential in the future.




Reason 3:
The company is in net cash position. The total cash position is RM 22.6 million, while the total borrowing is RM 3.4 million




I will continue to stay invested in Dataprep because I still believe in the future potential which I think the whole event had just only started.

No comments:

Post a Comment